Q: Can more than one sensing tape be connected to single module?
A second sensing tape could be connected to the end of first sensing tape if total length needs to be more than 25 feet.
Q: How many tapes can be connected to one module?
Theoretically ten or more tapes could be used and the detector module would handle it fine. In practice we do not recommend connecting more than four tapes into one module for two reasons:
1. It may be difficult to pinpoint the source of alarm if the sensing tape is very long (especially if the sensing tape is mounted under araised floor).
2. Conductive residue may accumulate on the sensing tape which increases its sensitivity. If the sensing tape is used in a moist environment then the resistance of a longer sensing tape would drop faster over the years faster than the resistance of a shorter tape. In drastic conditions false alarms would develop over time.
Q: Can I use the relay output of the detector to start a pump or solenoid?
The output of the detector is not rated for any 120V control circuit. Driving a 120V solenoid or contactor is likely to damage the detector module. An additional low voltage relay needs to be installed between the detector and the high voltage load.
Q: How many types of water detectors are made?
We can separate water detection devices into three groups:
- Spot detectors. Two electrodes that sense water at one point and an alarm is indicated through a relay output.
- Areal detectors with a relay output. This type of device has a sensing cable that surrounds a protected area. AquaBox belongs to this category.
- Areal detectors with an analog output. In this case a high resistance sensing cable is used. The detecting module is able to determine how far along the cable water occurred. This distance is displayed on the face of the detector or passed along as an analog value to a monitoring system.
Q: Do you ship your products to Australia?
We do not ship beyond USA and Canada at this time. Customers from other countries may order from:
Maximo Business Corp
Q: Is the LED light labeled "Alarm" the only noticeable alarm that goes off or is there also an audio alarm of some kind.
Our water detector was designed as a part of control system not as a stand alone product. It does not have a built in audible alarm. It may be connected to:
1) Your local control/monitoring system.
2) External alarm input of your air conditioner.
3) Wall mounted remote console. You can find one of examples of such a console at: http://www.omega.com/pptst/OMA-VM500-6-LV.html
Q: The Aquabox comes with a 5 year warranty, but what about the water sensing tape?
We do warranty that tape does arrive in fully functioning condition. We do not control environment in which tape is used which determines live span of sensing tape. Therefore there is no warranty on tape beyond installation period.